Saturday, January 21, 2012

Purple Haze

The Diva's zentangle challenge this week is to use purple in some way. Scroll down on the Diva's post for this challenge to find out why she chose purple. I decided simply to do a zentangle tile using purple ink instead of black. I jazzed 'em up a bit with a little metallic or glitter ink too. Of course, I used purple pencil to shade.

Here, I added metallic purple with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen. The shading is done with a violet Prismacolor Verithin pencil.
Tangles: Bouclé, Crescent Moon, Earth Rising, Flez, Fohbraid, Lacing, Undine

I began another one with a wash using purple and magenta Derwent water-soluble pencils. I used the purple ink again, as well as a bit of fuchsia ('pink') ink. I felt there was too much of that so I covered some of it with the purple. I added glittery purple with a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen and used the same violet pencil for shading as well as a magenta pencil.
Tangles: Borb, Caviar, Diamond Drops, Featherfall, Flez, Flukes, Flux, Jalousie

9 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the wash. Both tiles are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tiles are wonderful! Love the soft look of the purple shading in the first one and love the wash and blended colors in the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done as always. Both are wonderful. I do like the softened effect created by your wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Love the combination of tangles in the first one and the wash in the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so artful! Looking forward to trying Dansk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A delicious selection of tangles and shades like a smorgasboard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, as usual your tiles are amazing. Love how you used the purple.

    ReplyDelete